I am committed to a collaborative approach to both leadership and collegiality.
- I served on the management team at Ivy League Tutoring.
- At the Ashfield Middle School, I was one of three teachers, new to the school, tasked with developing a program specific to the needs of our Haitian English Language Learners. We used common planning meetings, four times a week, to achieve this goal.
- At Brockton High School, I served on committees charged with curriculum development, ongoing problem-solving, and strategizing instructional improvements based on test result data. See my "Brockton High School" page.
- At St. Paul's Brockton, an urban mission church in the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts, I served as clerk of the executive committee. The committee strategized our work in Brockton, and as clerk, I wrote and distributed the minutes.
- This commitment began with the strong emphasis on student self-government at Bryn Mawr College, and with service on the faculty-student liaison committee at the University of Chicago.